Cyber security has never been more important for Norwegian companies. Netsecurity and Data Equipment is now merging and becoming one of Norway's largest companies in IT security.
– Netsecurity and Data Equipment are two strong companies that for several years have delivered cutting-edge expertise and services throughout the digital customer journey. Now that we become one company, we will stand even stronger, and will continue to give Norwegian businesses increased security in an increasingly complex and challenging digital everyday life, says CEO of Netsecurity Jan Søgaard.
The name of the new company will be Netsecurity. Both companies strongly believe that the combined company will be attractive to employees, customers and suppliers alike.
– Together we have both great skills and long experience. As a result, we can deliver even better digital services and solutions to the Norwegian market - both in the public sector and private business, says CEO of Data Equipment, Egil Jahren.
A tripling in attacks requires another level of readiness
From the period of 2019 until 2021, the serious cyber operations against Norwegian authorities and businesses trippled. This is shown in the report Risk 2023 from the National Security Authority (NSM). In the report, NSM makes a very clear recommendation that Norwegian enterprises must have a higher level of preparedness.
– Today's threats are professionals, working faster and becoming more cynical. Our most important job is therefore both to detect and prevent attacks for customers as quickly as possible. We can do this with our proprietary technological platform, which uses machine learning to detect and respond to attacks in minutes and sometimes seconds, instead of hours or days," says Søgaard.
Solid growth in Norway – now Netsecurity looks towards the Nordic region
Netsecurity has shown solid growth the last years, and has been a Gazelle Company in Norway every year between 2016 and 2021.
– We are grateful so many Norwegian customers already trust us and through our services we can give them increased security in their everyday lives. The goal going forward is to not only be a leading Norwegian but a leading Nordic IT player. We achieve this both through organic growth and acquisitions – and that more and more companies see the value of what we offer," says Jan Søgaard.
During spring of 2022, Netsecurity acquired the Swedish company Parera. Now including the merging with Data Equipment, the company will be around 150 employees and have over 600 customers in the Nordic region, both in the public and private sectors. Netsecurity aims for a turnover of over one billion by 2025.
Facts about the new Netsecurity
- 150 employees
- Will reach a turnover of 800 MNOK i 2023
- Offers services within security monitoring, incident management (IRT), security testing, OT, network, operations and strategic advice.
- Offices in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Grimstad and Stockholm
- ISO 27001, ISO9001 and Miljøfyrtårn-certified
- National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) partner-approved for incident management
- 24/7-staffed SOAR-based security monitoring (SOC) built on machine learning and automation
- Highest certified and specialized Palo Alto Networks partner in Norway
- Highest certified and specialized Extreme Networks partner in Norway